Thursday 12 November 2009

Two Steps back or Naughty Boy!

Just sidestepping the ominous title for a moment (well I do want you to read my Blog); I had yet another game this week against my long time gaming buddy, Chris. We ended up playing a GT scenario which was Pitched Battle and Chris had brought his Combat Wood Elves out to play. I'm not going to report on the game as there wasn't much to say apart from I got bummed (or for those folks who not know the lingo, I lost badly). I deployed like a numpty by splitting my army up and Chris shoved everything forwards and smashed me. It didn't go all his way as he only had a few units left (well more like half his army), while I had lost everything. Highlights were my Lord of Change butchering lots of things (including a Treeman) but he got gradually worn down and was the last thing to die. Chris was happy as it was the first time he had managed to kill it!


Anyway, the ominous title.....


Thanks to Luke and the lads down the Dudley Darklords, I have been playing a lot more Warhammer and I gave in to going to a GW Throne of Skulls Heat (Heat 3). Now considering that the very first entry I made on this blog was to stop being so Tournament Focused, I think I’ve failed in what I was trying to do. On the other hand I’m really looking forwards to it and I’m impatiently waiting for my ticket to come through the post! I shall be taking my pink daemons but in classic Gaz Taylor fashion I’m seriously considering bringing something else (a borrowed High Elf or Dwarf army) or manically painting something new and different.


I've got a busy few days due to work but I'll keep you posted if I decide to do something silly and paint another last minute army!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment