Thursday 5 November 2009

Another Daemonic Civil War

Oddly enough, I popped down the club again on Tuesday for another game. They must either be putting something in the water or I'm doing less work. I had arranged a game against a young lad called Dan who was a mate of Luke's and he too was off to Heat 3. Because of this we played one of the GT scenarios but because Dan wasn't too fussed which one he played, we diced for it. The dice gods decided we were playing "Trial of Battle" which is basicly a pitched battle but you only score points for table quarters (100 for your own and 300 for your opponents). Secret Mission wise, Dan picked his and I decided to roll for it and ended up with having to destroy his most expensive unit to get 400 points.

Dan was using a Daemon army but while it looked soft because it didn't have any special characters or Greater Daemons in it, it wasn't. He took (from Memory so some of this may be wrong)....

Herald of Nurgle with Slime Trail and Lvl 1 Wizard (also General)
Herald of Tzeentch with Master of Sorcery and Spell Breaker
Herald of Slaanesh on a Steed and with Siren Song
Herald of Khorne on a Jugger with +1 S Sword, Armour (for 0+ save) and was a BSB with D3 Combat res banner

20 Plaguebearers with full command and re-roll to wound standard
2 x 10 Horrors
2 x 5 Flesh Hounds
5 Seekers
1 Fiend
6 Flamers

I took what was becoming my usual 2K list..

LoC with Master of Sorcery and Tzeetnchs Will
Herald of Slaanesh on a Steed and with Siren Song
Herald of Slaanesh on a Chariot with Etherblade

10 Deamonettes
2 x 10 Horrors
6 Furies
2 x 5 Flesh Hounds
5 Flamers
1 Fiend

I'm not going to put a full report but rather some highlights. I'll be honest, I did fancy that I stood a chance against Dan as long as I paid attention. Before the game started we sorted out spells. I took lore of fire for my LoC and Dan took lore of beasts for his Tzeentch Herald and Miasma spell for his Nurgle Herald. Table and terrain wise we had two woods and two hills as well as a building. The two woods ended up in a deployment zone of one side of the board with one in each quarter, and the hills ended up in the middle roughly but on each side (left and right). The building ended up in the middle of the other deployment zone. We rolled for sides and I won, so picked the building side. We both deployed centrally and evenly and my flamers decided to move into the building. I got first turn.

Turn 1
I shove my army forwards in an agressive manner and put units on the hills to make Dan think I had the Hill Mission or maybe the wood one because I could enter the woods next turn. Magic wise I try a few spells off but stupidly target his Flesh Hounds with my horrors forgetting he gets Magic Resistance. My LoC is in position to blast away at some horrors near his Plaguebearers but doesn't do anything. I had a feeling his Siren Herald will be moving nearby soon which I'm fine with as I though my LoC stood a good chance if I could get into the Plaguebearers.

Dan starts his move and moves the siren herald in front of his Plaguebearers and then he make the move which probably cost him the game. Instead of moving his Flamers into a wood which would mean he would get his secret mission and they would be an annoyance, he decides he wanted to shoot my Fiend up. Shooting does little as it only causes a wound and magic doesn't do much more.

Turn 2
LoC gets sirened into the siren herald and I declare charges with the Fiend and Chariot into his flamers as well as a unit of flesh hounds into one of his horror units near his Plaguebearers. Magic does little but I cast Flaming Sword on the LoC and promptly butcher the herald and overrun into the Plaguebearers.

Dan charges my horror units with his hounds and moves forwards with the rest of his army. He tries to get Miasma off but I dispell that as well as him scrolling the flaming sword. In combat his PB Champion challenges my LoC. The LoC pulps the champion as Dan forgot about it having flaming attacks but I pass my Instability test

Other Turns
The rest of the game consited of the following:
  • The flamers taking pot shots at anything nearby while decorating their new home and being read to leap out to contest or capture quarters
  • The LoC and eventually a unit of Flesh Hounds smashing the Plaguebearers. The LoC didn't have it all his own way as he took some wounds during the scrap. Towards the end of the game, Dan gets Miasma off and challenges the LoC (which drops the LoC down to WS1, S1, T1, I1, 1A) and causes 1 wound. The LoC uses it's Flaming Sword and causes 2 Hits and 2 Wounds (double sixes!) and the Nurgle Herald dies.
  • A unit of Flesh Hounds and seekers, spend the game playing kiss chase until the LoC comes over and blasts them with a Conflag of Doom!
  • My Chariot Herald gets into combat with the Khorne BSB and Flesh Hounds, challenges the Herald but fluffs it and gets butchered. The Chariot does it's job and kills some hounds with impact hits dropping the unit under US5
And the game ends. I find out Dan had the capture a wood mission which he didn't get but I get mine for killing his Plaguebearers. I had also got his two quarters and one of mine giving me a total of 1100 to 0. I could tell Dan was a little bit gutted but it was a good game and I think he has a nice army which should hopefully do well for him at the Heat. I enjoyed the game a lot as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment