Monday 5 April 2010

And I guess that's why they call it the Warhammer blues...

.... or something that Reg Dwight fella wrote. Like many Warhammer Fantasty players all round the world, I'm feeling down. Not down because some truck reversed into my car last week (that car is going as soon as it's fixed) or because my washing machine broke and peed water all over the kitchen (it's got one more sleep before it goes to washing machine heaven), but Games Workshop have been so tight lipped about what is happening with the 8th edition of Warhammer Fantasy Battles.

Since the Beastman release there has been no news about anything to do with WFB. War of the Rings has a big release next month and 40K has had loads of things (Nids, Angry Angels, and a mission book) plus more things to come out over June. But nowt for WFB. While this is annoying, it should be exciting to be honest. GW must be cranking their mechanical gubbins to full, pumping out new models and this seems to be the lull before the storm. If I was a betting man (and I'm not), I would bet that July is going to be when the 8th edition comes out. Which is kind of cool, but it's not because you kind of feel like you don't want to do anything out of fear of having you buy and paint up becoming useless.

Anyway, because I'm slightly mad, I'm probably going to ignore all that due to Project: I buy that for a dollar I'm drafting up to entertain myself over the next few months. Watch this space....

No comments:

Post a Comment