Thursday 11 February 2010

The Angels of Death are coming....

 

The internet world has exploded recently with lots of rumours about the Blood Angels codex and I've been having a look with a trusty bag of salt. Two things seem to be flying around at the moment - The above cover and a PDF with all rules in it.
Firstly we have the cover. Now I've pinched this off Heresy-Online and it looks very nice but as I made a copy of it, the acutal file is called BA Cover Mock UP. While this 'may' be the offical cover (and I hope so as it's nice), I can't help but feel that this is something somebody has quickly made up.

EDIT - Dezartfox has nicely pointed out that if I looked properly at the cover I would notice that a lot of the Marines seem to be Imperial Fists sprayed Red. Shame as it would have made a nice cover!

Next we have the PDF. The PDF is basicly a hand typed copy of the actual rules from the codex (or a test version), so is full of spelling mistakes (like my blog). A general flick through reveals lots of interesting things but it's not until you come across the MIGHTY BAT RIDER CAVALRY entry where you really suspect this is a load of rubbish. The author of the list has tried to defend the rumours and is saying wait until April to see who is right, but I can't help but shield myself with my bag of salt. It's possible that the author has added the MIGHTY BAT RIDER CAVALRY unit as a joke but too be honest if you want people to take you seriously, you can't make jokes. Rumour does have it that GW have confirmed that there is a leaked copy around of the codex, which gives this PDF some creditablity. I for one am happy to wait until April, mainly as I want to read the background more that the rules!

I won't be putting any links up for the PDF as I don't want the GW legal heavy boyz kicking things in.

2 comments:

  1. That cover is a piece of fan art, if you look closely at the shoulder pads, you'll see a Imperial Fist symbol on all but the furthest left one, on the original piece they were all Imperial Fists.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Giant Bat Riders" - someone has been reading too much Ninjabread: http://www.ninjabread.co.uk/index.php?p=13

    ReplyDelete