Wednesday 3 March 2010

I ATE'NT DEAD

As Granny Weatherwax would say, "I ATE'NT DEAD". I've had a load of fun the last few weeks with my internet providers, Tiscali/Talk Talk. Now working in IT, I had a fairly good idea what the problem was (an issue at the Exchange) and was 100% sure it was nothing my end as my phone and router were working fine. I even said this when I phoned them up. Yet still they seemed to have bodged it up and spent a week raising a call with BT to check my phone line, and the engineer was very surprised when I answered the phone as he thought it wasn't working. So a few days later they've managed to fix it, but it seems only after I raised a complaint.

Anyway, Wargaming stuff now.....

I've played three games of WFB over the last few weeks. First game was against Steyvn and was a 1999 point practise game for the Open War event we both want to go to. He took his Dark Elves and I took my Daemons and the game ended with a draw in my favour. A couple of times, Steyvn was thinking about giving up, but I had to keep on telling him that it was close and it was! Second and Third games were against Chris, with my proxing up a Vampire Count army against a Daemon army he was trying out. I lost both games but that was more down to me not understanding how the vampires work.

For 40K, I've been getting more and more interested in the game again, and debating about painting somethings up. We also seem to have the new Blood Angel codex on the GW website, which is being shown as a White Dwarf cover for next month


Looks alright but I did prefer the mockup one I showed in my last entry. Currently waiting to see the codex before I make any desicions about what things I want to go for.

No comments:

Post a Comment