Saturday 15 August 2009

The ETC, The Ashes and a Whole Lot of Panic!!!

The ETC and The Ashes

The ETC has been and gone and it sounded like it was a good event from all the chat from the forums. The event was won by the Italians. Being English, I'm more interested in how England did and we came 14th. Not a bad result but slightly disapointing. The Austrailians on the other hand did a lot better and came 11th which is really good considering this was their first ETC and all their prep work seems to have paid off! Okay the Aussies did better than us in the ETC but we gave them a kicking and won the first WFB Ashes! Well done to both teams (especially England!). 40k wise, England did 'better' by coming 10th but there was only 16 teams while in the WFB event there was 24!

Whole Lot of Panic!!!

Most people who know me, know I have an attention span of a goldfish when it comes to toy models, as I always want the next shiney thing. Also real life seems to butt in a lot, making me even more distracted. So I'm now about 4 weeks away from the Warrington event and I have nothing to show for it. On the other hand me and my wife have been away for our wedding aniversary and my wife has a nice Steiff Bear (very expensive teddy bears). So after a week of relaxing in the Cotswolds, I'm ready to panic and paint like a furious whirlwind of mayhem. I do have a cunning plan which you will see over the next few weeks......

No comments:

Post a Comment