Saturday 29 August 2009

A Whole Lot of Nothing and Stuff and More Stuff

A Whole Lot of Nothing

Over the last few weeks I've done not a lot of little men wargaming mainly due to real life. Work has been a nice kick in the teeth as I've been having loads of fun juggling things due to people being on holiday and training courses and for some reason I seem to be doing all the Standby Cover (this is where I can get called out at anytime to fix things). Not that I mind as I do like work (apart from when things get bogged down in paperwork or politics but too be honest that is any office IT job) but it is a bit frustrating when you would like to be doing stuff with your toys! Another real life kick has been helping my wife out with her florist shop, as I'm the delivery boy and general helper with things. Again, not that I mind as I love my wife to bits and like helping her out.

So while I'm distracted by things I'm getting nothing done for this Daemon Army I need to get finished for the Warrington GT. The good thing is that my list has been accepted and viewed as not over the top. The bad thing is that I have little painted at the moment!!! My cunning plan in all situations like this is to have a couple of days off work and blast the army out. It may not be as nicely painted as I would have liked it to be but it'll be painted. I think it'll also turn into my generic WFB tourney army for random events and things.

And Stuff

Okay the stuff bit of this post. While being up till three o'clock in the morning fault diagnosing a P-Class Blade (a old server designed to limit space in a computer room but are a pain in the bottom to fault diagnose! The new C-Classes are much nicer), you do get time to try and look to the future for other projects and stuff. My current plans are to basically start playing more 40k (Space Wolves) and look at the Skaven Range when it gets released for WFB. So with this plan in my head I'm planning on the following....

I ) Collect a Space Wolf Army - I've always wanted one and the new models look nice
II ) Go to more 40K events - I like playing in events and 40k ones are normally a lot of fun!
III ) Collect a Skaven Army if I like the look of the new book and range

Some people may think it's a bit silly to be thinking about new toys when I'm struggling to paint the ones I have at the moment (Daemons), but I think you need to have something as an incentive to push you on (a bit like eat that cabbage and you can have Cheesecake for pudding!).

And More Stuff

So it's less than a week for Space Hulk now which I'm eagerly waiting on. Plan is to get everything painted up, convert up some Wolf Guard for some Space Wolf action (when the new models come out of course) and have lots of fun with it. The new White Dwarf looks a good one as well with some nice Space Hulk Coverage in it and I think is worth picking up a copy.

So after a rather long ramble of not a lot, I must dash now as my wife is calling me for another delivery to be delivered.

No comments:

Post a Comment