Friday 4 December 2009

Hi Ho!

Just a quick update. Just got back from playing Chris at a 2250 Pitched Battle of WFB, with him trying out his Warriors of Chaos army he is building and me trying out his Dwarfs because I'm thinking about giving them a whirl.

My Dwarfs were roughly - Anvil, Master Engineer, 13 Warriors, 2 x 10 Crossbows, 18 Longbeards, 18 Hammerers, 2 Bolters, Grudgethrower, 15 Slayers, 2 Organ Guns

Chris's Warriors were roughly - Sorcerer Lord on Dragon, Lv2 Mage, 14 Maraurders, 2 x 5 Horsemen with MoS and Flails, 2 x 5 hounds, 5 Chaos Knights with MoS, 2 x 3 Dragon Ogres, Warshrine, Shaggoth

Terrain scattered so we had loads of terrain in the middle of the board (a building and wood) and the only hill sat in front of these limiting fire/charge lanes. I deployed facing the other half of the board which was open and the game started with causing damage to the Shaggoth and Lord with my shooting and then Chris presenting as many targets as possible because if something got through it would hurt. Next turn I get a lucky scatter onto the Dragon and kill his lord and leave the Dragon on a wound. Chris then manages to get into my lines and starts smashing war machines to bits and scaring hammerers off with his Dragon. I then damage control by finishing off the half dead units and manage to charge the Dragon Ogres in the flank with the Longbeards and roll them up.Chris then manages to kill all of my shooting elements (apart from a unit of Crossbows tucked away in a building) with only loosing most of his Knights to the last Organ Gun before it got revenge and killed the Organ Gun. Game ended and totalling up the points I got a Massacre!

I'm chuffed with the win but too be honest I got really lucky killing the Dragon early on and I made load of mistakes. Quite seriously thinking about Dwarfs for Sheffield now but lets see what distracts me on the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment