Wednesday 2 December 2009

Real Life + Me + Hobby = BUSY!!!

I think busy is a understatement for what I've been upto recently. If I haven't been out at Beer Feastivals or Hotels with my Wife, it's being snowed under at work or playing lots of Warhammer. In fact this is probably the first night since the GT I'm having a night in as such.

Anyway, hobbywise I've again been playing lots of Warhammer and I've been practising for my last event this year - The Destruction Derby Three. It's run by the Derby Wargames Society (the Ben's from Bad Dice's local club) and the easiest way to describe the scenarios is silly and random! The event is basicly a one dayer with three scenarios of randomness and players are allowed to bring anything with a army points limit of 2013. So I'm taking my Daemons which I've managed to get to 2013 points!

Practise games so far have been scenario 1 and scenario 2. Scenario 1 is basicly we've got to cause the most wounds to a naughty goblin (he's been having it away with the Kings Wife), and the only way you can do that is by rolling a 6. I played Luke and his High Elves and we had a great laugh. I got a first turn charge on the goblin (he starts in the centre of the board) and lost my Lord of Change to a Dragon Prince charge (pesky Banner which lets them charge through woods) but got revenge when I charged Luke's Dragon and it got Charioted to death! The goblin got smacked around all over the shop and in the end I had scored 11 to Luke's 5 winning me the game. Victory Points it was a draw in Luke's favour but it didn't matter as I won!

Scenario 2 was basicly a Pitched Battle but with every unit on the board getting hit by Lighting each turn. On a roll of 1 it's hit (unless you've got a Ward Save then its a 1 or 2!) and it takes D6 S4 hits. First turn I loose a big chunk of my army due to this! I was playing Chris and his Dwarfs and managed a Draw in the end of the fighting and lighting.

The DDIII looks like it's going to be a really fun event and I'm really looking forwards to it!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gaz

    I am going to this as well, see you on Saturday.

    Cheers
    Mark

    ReplyDelete