Thursday 21 January 2010

It's oh so quiet or something like that

So a fair few days since my last update as real life has been butting in. Work is starting to get busy, which is interesting when the team I'm in has shrunk and now has more inexperianced members than experianced members. Well it's interesting in a watching Mr Bean kind of way - Mildly amusing the first time and then quite dull and annoying afterwards. I've also had somebody done a hit and run on my car during the 'big freeze' (for those Johnny Foreigner folks, the UK was hit by lots of cold white stuff that we don't see very often and the whole country went silly). Thankfully me and my wife were okay but it made me say a few choice words about the person who did it. My car is going to the garage tomorrow and I'll be having some random car in exchange while mine is being tinkered with. Funny thing is that I can see me having a Smart Car (ickle car) to drive up to Sheffield in next weekend.

Speaking of next weekend, Sheffield is almost upon me! Painting wise I've been slacking and got a lot of grey models looking back at me while I type this. Cunning plan is to have a couple of last minute days off, starting with tomorrow to start the monsterous task of painting 160 off models in a week. Then I need to sort out some terrain! Even though the panic of not having things finished is starting to set in, I think I must really like it as I seem to do it a lot.

Meanwhile during all this real life stuff and none painting, I've signed myself up to another couple of events. First one is the Dragon Slayer Bash being run at Maelstrom Games, and this is a one day event to be a warm up for the South Coast GT which I missed out on. Tickets have sold out now but I'm looking forwards to this as Maelstrom Games is not too far away and the guys who run it really like gaming. Second event is a local affair known as The Midlands Open. It's being run by one of my regular opponents Luke and it should be fun as well as local! There's still tickets left which you can find HERE.

I think that's it for the moment apart from waiting for my Tyranid Codex. Due to the delays with the weather, Maelstrom Games couldn't send any out for the Codex release date (last Saturday) but I should have mine for the weekend. I had a peek at it last week when I popped into my local GW for a nose and it looks nice. Not ground breaking (or even game breaking) but should keep fans happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment