Sunday 10 January 2010

2010 is going to be a good year....

Wow, it's 2010 now and I thought it would be a good time to post something on my blog, especially seeing how lazy I've become.

When I was a little boy, 2010 seemed such a long way away and here it is! It's quite a big year for me and my family as there are quite a few big birthdays (I'm 30, my mom is 60, my sister-in-law is 18, and my Grandfather-in-law is 80, plus there are quite a few other big birthdays as well!!!). I also looks like 2010 is going to be a good year for GW as we seem to be having some really cool releases coming up soon.

Firtsly we have the new Tyranids next week and they sound quite cool (plus the Trygon looks a cool model) and then we have Beastmen coming out in Feb. I got to see the army book today and it looks like it's going to be a sneaky top tier list as a lot of people have been poo-pooing them (mainly due to the models) as they have lost a lot of the things in the 'current' book. Personally I like all the new models as well as some of the new rules (Core Chariots, Big Monsters, Hatred if you pass a Ld Test, Bestigor who can nick standards) but I can see some players being annoyed due to Ungor now being on 20mm bases. I think I would be annoyed but move on six months and I can see people not even worrying about it.

Also I had a email this morning off GW, stating that we will be seeing Blood Angels in April. I'm quite excited about this as ever since the 2nd editon of 40K, I've always wanted to collect a company of Blood Angels and seeing how I'm thinking I want to go to a 40K heat this year (as well as a WFB one!), I'm taking that as a sign. Add into the mix that we should be seeing the Relic/GW Space Marine game at some point this year as well as more info about the Ultramarine Movie, (and rumours about 8th editon of WFB and new plastic technology where you have models with no moldlines!) you can see why I'm thinking 2010 is going to be good year!

No comments:

Post a Comment