Friday 17 July 2009

Fantasy Thoughts....

Well it's been a few days since my last post but I've been away celebrating mine and my wife's birthday's so I'll forgive myself. Anyway, this week I have been mostly thinking about Warhammer Fantasy Battle.



I've signed myself up for a tournament in September and I've decided I want to bring something new along. In other words I want some new toys and this is a nice excuse (plus I get to spend some of my birthday money).

The tournament is being run by the Northern Warlords and it's a nice two day event that has managed to attract 120 players! This is quite impressive considering that this is the first event they have run for a few years. The rules can be found here but it can be summed up as any current published book up to 2250 points using the standard pitched battle scenario. There are some army restrictions to try and stop people taking the default choices that a lot of top tournament lists use now (like Empire with two Steam Tanks as for this event a Steam Tanks counts as Two Rare choices).

So the rules looks interesting and not too restrictive and I know a lot of the players aren't going to be WAAC (Win At All Costs), so I'm going to have a fun time (hopefully). Only downside is that I'm not staying overnight but I get to save a bit of cash and stay in the good books with my wife. Only problem is what to take and with 9 weeks until the event I need to pull my finger out! Watch this space......

No comments:

Post a Comment