Sunday 26 July 2009

Warlords GT Blog - erm... well....

Okay, I'll admit it. I'm weak. Really, really weak. Not as soon as I used the magic system picker to pick the army I want to take to the Warlords event (it's now been retired to picking Lottery Numbers and for deciding what to have for tea tonight), I'm already looking at other armies and thinking how much nicer they look. And I'm now building something completely different. It was probably my subconscious mind, but you may have notice I added a picture of a High Elf Prince riding a Dragon in one of my earlier posts. Yes, that's right folks I'm now collecting High Elves!


You see I was thinking about the different lists you could make with the Warriors of Chaos and I found them all a bit boring too be honest. I'm not too sure if it's the tournament gamer in me trying to escape, but I found myself constantly coming back to the Tzeentch Lord on a Disc for some Gateway fun. While the other choices were interesting, I couldn't see myself using them more than once for this event. So I started thinking about the armies I wanted when I was younger and just started playing Warhammer. These armies are - High Elves, Skaven and Chaos Dwarfs.

I started a Chaos Dwarf army when I first started playing but never managed to collect more than a thousand points and somehow I've lost the models over time. I still read my White Dwarf Presents now, but unfortunately I wouldn't be able to use them. The army isn't one of the ones you can use at the Warlords GT due to it being a unsupported list by GW (no current book or models but rumour does have it that GW are working on them now!!!!). Next up would be Skaven, but with the new book out soon and time scales being a bit tight for painting, I've put them on my to do list. So High Elves it was.

The High Elf list is one I quite like as it's very flexible and I quite like the models and the background. I've also always wanted a army of them. So I'm busily trying to assemble a small 500 point force of them to act as some motivation to get the army finished. Hopefully my next post will include some pictures, once I find out where my Wife has misplaced the camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment