Friday 11 September 2009

DoC Update 3 - Dark Elves are tough!

Okay, a few days later and I have my army all assembled and I'm not superglued to anything (although it was hit and miss with the Lord of Change!). I'm slightly disappointed with myself that I'm not at that painting stage just yet but real life butted in so I'm about half a day to a day behind.

I've got some conversions and price cutting stuff in my list and I do promise pictures soon but I have no idea where the camera is. Anyway, what funky stuff do I have? Well for a start I'm quite chuffed now with my Slaaneshi Chariots. Originally they were made out of Wood Elf horses and the base of a tomb king chariot and basicly looked like proxies (and my mate Chris agreed). I've just done some minor conversion work using some clippers, green stuff and some Tyranid Devourer guns and they look much better. I snipped the WE horse heads off and replaced with the Nid guns and then greenstuffed some 'fur' around to blend it into the model. Looks nice.

Next conversion is my Herald on a Steed which is basically a centaur mish mash of a WE Horse, Bloodletter body and Daemonette head. It's not brilliant but does the job. I've also minor converted the Fiend using Nid parts on the arms, but this was mainly because I was getting annoyed trying to rush and assemble it. The plastic arms made it much easier than pinning the proper bits on. Also, my furies are Nid Spore Mines and my Flesh Hounds are bog standard Chaos Warhounds. I would like to do some more conversion work but too be honest I can't be bothered now and just want to get them painted!

I also managed to get a couple of games in against my mates Steve and Chris. Steve wasn't going to Warrington but had brought a Dark Elf tournament style list (Dragon and lots of shooting) and Chris was going with me and wanted to test his Dwarf list out. It was also good as neither of us had really played in ages! So my first game was against Steve and them Dark Elves are tough! Basicly I deployed like a numpty, chose the wrong lore of magic (picked Beasts rather than Fire as he had a regen lord and Hydra), and forgot half the rules of the game. Steve was a bit cautious at the start due to never playing Daemons but soon got stuck in and took advantage of me. We both didn't play as well as we should of but it was a fun game, even if I lost!

Next I played Chris and his Dwarfs and he had a fairly standardish list (i.e a Anvil but too be honest Dwarfs need them to be competitive). I played a lot better in this game and had my Lord of Change rolling up his flank and taking his army apart but in the end he also managed to beat me with a Minor Victory. Both our armies were pretty hammered in the end but Chris managed to take out my Lord of Change and take a few units down to under half strength to stop me contesting table quarters.

So a rather lengthy post but all in all it's been fun the last couple of days, apart from the frustration of trying to assemble stuff quickly. I've got tomorrow to try and get the bulk of stuff painted, and I'll be honest it's going to be drybrushing and washes to the rescue. Anyway must dash as I've got stuff to paint!

No comments:

Post a Comment