Wednesday 16 September 2009

DoC Update 4 - Dirty, Dirty Dip

As I type this, I currently have a massive grin on my face, because my army of Daemons is now finished. It's not nicely painted but it has three colours and the overall army scheme looks nice (Pink and Purple). So what happened? Well on Saturday I had gotten to the stage where I was just going to ink wash and then drybrush everything and I remembered I had a tin of Army Painter Dark Tone. I sat there looking at the tin, thinking that it would be too dark for Pink and Purple, but a little voice said do it! So with me loosing hope because of other things going on I tried a horror out and it looked alright. Then a horror unit was done, and then another and another until the army was finished. And while I'm not over the moon with how well I painted it, it looks rather nice. I popped round my friend Stevyn's house the other day to borrow some terrain for the Warlords GT and he quite liked the overall look.

I originally brought the Army Painter dip to try out but got put off the idea due to more vocal members of the online community slagging it off (because it's not proper painting). After using it, I agree it's not proper painting but as a product which lets people get a painted army on the table which doesn't look too bad, it's a fantastic product! Plus as well it varnishes your models as long as you don't mind a glossy finish (but you can use dullcote or a matt varnish to dull it down). So if you have a load of unpainted models and want to get them painted quickly to game with, visit The Army Painter for general ideas on how to use it. It's not rocket science, as it's paint your base coat on using slightly brighter colours than you want and then apply the Army Painter (using a brush for best effect). You can get it from Maelstrom Games if you are interested.

I'm pretty much gearing myself up now for Warrington but I'll wack my thoughts into a post before I got. See you soon folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment