Saturday 26 September 2009

Warlord GT Roundup

Well it's been almost a week since the Warlord GT and I suppose I should let people know how I got on. Firstly it was a really good weekend and even with my lack of games before the event and the driving both days (the M6 was a nightmare on the way back on Sunday), it was still a really good event. Me and Chris are definitely coming again next time. There were a couple of downsides though.

Firstly the communications were a bit pants as things weren't that clear in the rulespack to what happened on the day (for example because me and Chris had a grudge we didn't need to bring any terrain which wasn't explained until Chris spoke to the organisers a couple of days before the event). Secondly the soft scores (Sportsmanship and Painting) caused a few problems. Sportsmanship because it wasn't clear how to score people (it varied differently through the event with people giving great games for every game rather than just one great game) and painting because if you got nominated you got 1000 tournament points. My Daemons got nominated and a few people were a bit peed off why a basic dip job got nominated over their nicely painted army. I think it got nominated because the Judges liked some of the conversions and how it looked overall, but personally I wouldn't have picked it and I can understand why some people were annoyed. We shall say no more apart from that I was dead happy to be nominated!

Gamingwise I came in at 87th out 122 people which was alright and I even managed to win a game! I would like to say thanks to all of my opponents if they read this, that I had five good games and enjoyed them all. I do have to say my best game all weekend was against Wayne Kemp who is the co-host on Heelanhammer and our game gets a bit of a mention in Episode 15 as well as a general review of the event.

I still don't know where my camera is but here's a couple of pictures of my army from the event...





You can also find lots more pictures here of the other armies and players.

Good event and even with the minor niggles and some of the whinging about soft scores, it's worth going to. You're going to start seeing me at a lot more events now as I really enjoyed myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment