Tuesday 1 September 2009

DoC Update 1 - Why does it always rain on me?

We've had some pretty horrible weather today, with it being rather nice this morning and then being treated to rain, rain and more rain this afternoon. And I think the weather sums up how things are going so far for me today. We had a big issue at work this morning, which took up a lot of my time. I've also been to the local GW only to find out the bits and bobs I was after weren't in stock (tournament season you see and Daemons are popular for some reason), and I'm currently sitting at my desk at work because I've been called out! So all in all not a good start!

Plus points are, I've ordered the bits I'm after and I can make a start on some things at home. I've decided to do some general conversions for my army, partially as a cost cutting exercise and partially because the conversions should look cool. Conversions are....

1 ) Horrors - These are going to be what is quickly becoming the classic conversion for them; plastic Ghouls minus their heads. The neck will be painted into an eye and it should give them a more 'horror' appearance. I'm also debating wherever to have them armless as it's less work for me and I think it'll make them a bit more Daemonic!

2 ) Furies - In my army these will be represented by Tyranid Spore Mines (40k range folks), as the models look quite tentacle like and sort of fit in with the horror theme.

3 ) Flesh Hounds - I'm currently humming and arrhing about these as I'm thinking about using Chaos Warhounds although part of me does like the idea of Tau Kroot Hounds or Dark Eldar Warp Beasts.

As for the colour scheme, I'm thinking Pink and Purple as it's a nice bright colour scheme, looks alieny/daemonic, and it's a bit different!

Anyway must go and finish fixing things! Catch you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment