Saturday 10 October 2009

More Rats of Doom!

On Thursday I got to see the new Skaven Plastics up close and personal and I can say that they are very nice. The Clan Rats are now one piece apart from right arms (for hand weapons or spears) and shields, so from a modeling point of view Skaven players have lost some flexibilty for assembling but gained a unit which is quite easy to assemble. The Doomwheel is a multi part plastic kit which looks very nice and has lots of conversion possiblities.

It also looks like I'm going to be doing Skaven because I quite like the models and my wife has been egging me on saying I should get them (it's true!). She's even brought me a box of Plague Monks to get me started (which may be renforced with some mates later today as I have to go past my local shop!).

On another note, pictures and rumours about the book has started popping up on the net. I haven't been paying the rumours too much attention as I want to enjoy reading the book when it pops out, but it looks like nobody is really crying about them being too hard or too soft yet. Picture wise, the Screaming Bell and Plague Furnace have popped up on the net. Thanks to







The Screaming Bell

So the Skaven book doesn't sound like it'll be in the same League as Dark Elves, Daemons of Chaos, Vampire Counts, and Lizardmen (I count them up with the big three), but it does sound like a fun book.

No comments:

Post a Comment