Monday 12 October 2009

The Vow

Sounds rather dramatic but it's a bit of harmless fun, I promise. Okay a bit of background first. The Vow stems from two topics of thought from last week.

Thought One comes from when me and my Wife were watching the Pride of Britain awards last week and she was taking the mickey out of me for only having one award (Sportsmanship trophy from the WPS Club Challenge a couple of years ago) and lots of people being able to beat me at Wargaming (the subject of my Nan pops up when she played me once when I was 11 at 40k and she beat me).

Thought Two comes from me and a few mates preparing ourselves for the Sheffield Slaughter in Jan next year. Me and Chris are well up for this event as it looks a load of fun and both me and Chris want to attend more events next year and we would like our other mate, Stevyn to come. Now Stevyn has been going on for a bit now saying how he doesn’t understand why people take lots of skirmishers, shooting and big beasties, when they should be taking blocks of infantry. So we ask if he would like to go to the Sheffield Slaughter with us, where the rules have been designed to encourage lots of infantry blocks and limit shooting and big beasties. At the moment, Stevyn has decided not to come to Sheffield because he doesn’t like the rules and he doesn’t think that he would have his Dark Elves finished in time.


So by putting these ‘thoughts’ together I have come up with my fun project for the next year or so. The Vow is basically going to be me, doing my best to get at least one Trophy next year as well as painting a brand new army in time for Sheffield. I want a trophy because I want to raise my game in WFB and a new army because I want to be able to taunt Stevyn (in a fun way), that I finished two armies before he has even done his Dark Elves (considering he also has more free time than me!). So….

“I Vow to have a Trophy from a Warhammer Tournament by the end of 2010”

I’ll whack an update later on this week about the army I’ve chosen and why. See you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gaz

    Good luck in your quest for a trophy in 2010.

    Thats how my blog got started with some 2009 Warhammer new year resolutions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Mark.

    I think the key to success is picking a list which is going to help me but not make it too easy so I learn things on the way!

    ReplyDelete