Thursday 1 October 2009

Heelanhammer Shoutout

I'm just off to play a game of WFB in a bit with my Chaos Daemons against Chris's Dwarfs (I'm going to give the Bloodthirster a go in some proxy action!), I thought I would give a quick shoutout to Heelanhammer.

Like Podhammer and Bad Dice, Heelanhammer is a Warhammer Fantasy Podcast but in my own humble opinion it beats both with a big beat stick. Dan and Wayne are easy to listen to on the ears and while they can ramble on about off topic stuff, it still keeps on track by being about the hobby. Also slap on a big dollop of hobby related stuff (they give advice about how to paint good) and it's a really good podcast. So if you like WFB podcasts, download Heelanhammer and give it a listen.

Also for those folks who haven't been to the GW site for a while, it's worth visiting to have a look at the Astronomican. Basically the Astronomican is a kind of blog site where the guys at GW put up info about any new articles added to the site, as well as pictures about new models coming out or really cool pictures taken of things people have sent in.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gaz,

    I have to disagree with you regarding HeelanHammer, Yes it started out a great podcast, better than Bad Dice in my mind.

    Recent episodes have gone down hill. They have all been the same. Its just two hours talking about their games at the club and tournaments.

    Bad Dice on the other had talk about club and tournament games in half the time. Plus I have learn't a lot from thier art of war section.

    So for me its Bad Dice over HeelanHammer.

    The blog is coming along nicely by the way.
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mark!

    Nice to see that somebody is reading this blog rather than just checking it now and again for pictures! lol

    Anyway, I had this very same discussion with Chris tonight and he agrees with you. But I disagree with both of you. I like the show and I like the vibe that Dan and Wayne give off. I think Bad Dice is a very close second but recently, HH beats it. I may change my mind in six months but this is the case with radio shows!

    As for the recent HH episode going downhill due to them talking a lot about tournament, I think that's because there has been a lot of events recently which they have gone to and naturally they want to discuss them. If you join the SAWC section there is a lot more hobby related articles there but I suspect we will now see a couple of hobby filled episodes until Dan goes to the GW GT.

    Anyway, thanks for the comment and the complement and I hope you keep reading and like what you see.

    Taaaa
    Gaz

    ReplyDelete