Thursday 22 October 2009

The Vow - Picking the Weapon

Feeling a lot better but still bunged up and still got loads of work floating around. Anyway, I've had a semi productive week. Firstly, I went up to Maelstrom Games on Monday with my mate Chris, as I wanted some toys and Chris has never seen the place. We both enjoyed it and we also took our WFB armies with us to play a game on the lovely tables in the shop. We both took our 2250 lists, with me using my Warrington Daemons and Chris using a Dwarf list. We decided to have a go at one of the GW GT Scenarios ending up picking Dawn Attack (the random deployment one). Chris gets fairly good rolls for his units and ends up with a deployment he wants while my army ends up a bit scattered, and Chris gets even luckier and wins the first turn which he takes. Expecting things to get down the drain, I brace myself for a round of plummeting war machine shots (Chris had two grudge throwers) and some how I get through the turn with a loss of three flesh hounds. Then Chris decides to use his Anvil and it promptly blows up and pretty much gives me the game. I then proceed to table Chris apart from one lone Dwarf model. It was a good game and I was happy I won, but we both agreed that never of us really learnt anything.


Anyway this Vow thingie. After deciding that I wanted to get a trophy, I needed to pick an army to use. Firstly I looked at Lizardmen but I found the list a bit samey and dull. Next I looked at VC and very nearly started an army of them because I found them interesting and different. But after some chats with Chris and giving into my temptations I'm going to go with Dark Elves. The main reasons for picking Dark Elves are:

  • It's a very good army book with lots of options
  • The models are nice
  • The book is so good it will help me get up to the higher tables where I can play better players than me and learn new tricks
So yes it's a little bit of bandwagon jumping but I think it will help me so much over the coming year to succeed in my vow, as well as me learning a lot and improving to become a better player.

No comments:

Post a Comment